Pie It Forward 2018 Radio Ad – May 15 – 27 (98.1 The Bridge/94.1 CJOC)
Pie It Forward 2018 Radio Interview – May 17 (98.1 The Bridge)
Pie It Forward is SAIPA’s annual signature fundraiser. This light-hearted event allows people to send a gentle pie in the face to friends, family, coworkers, spouses or friendly competitors! In 2017, we raised close to $6,000 to enhance self-advocacy workshops. These workshops continue to grow in demand each year.
How it works:
- When the fundraiser opens in the spring, people donate a minimum $20 to SAIPA to send their “pie in the face” gesture (cash, cheque, or e-transfer)
- During the week of the fundraiser, volunteers deliver the pie to the recipient, informing them they have been “pied”.
- The recipient has three options to keep the event fun and friendly:
- Take the pie in the face (just whipped cream)!
- Buy a real pie to enjoy for $20
- Donate a minimum of double the initial contribution amount to return the pie to the sender
The more times the pie is exchanged, the higher its value and the higher the stakes in the competition!
2018’s Pie It Forward Fundraiser was a great success! We sold 65 pies, raising our profits 25 per cent from the previous year! We can’t thank the community enough for their wonderful support! Check out this year’s photos!