Pie It Forward is SAIPA’s annual signature fundraiser. This light-hearted event allows people to send a gentle pie in the face to friends, family, coworkers, spouses or friendly competitors! In 2017 & 2018 we raised a combined $14,000 to enhance self-advocacy workshops. These workshops continue to grow in demand each year.
Pie it Forward will be held from June 10-14, 2019
How it works:
- When the fundraiser opens in the spring, people donate a minimum $20 to SAIPA to send their “pie in the face” gesture (cash, cheque, or e-transfer)
- During the week of the fundraiser, volunteers deliver the pie to the recipient, informing them they have been “pied”.
- The recipient has three options to keep the event fun and friendly:
- Take the pie in the face (just whipped cream)!
- Buy a real pie to enjoy for $20
- Donate a minimum of double the initial contribution amount to return the pie to the sender
The more times the pie is exchanged, the higher its value and the higher the stakes in the competition! For example, if you’re sent a pie valued at $20, you can pay $40 to send it back, they in turn can pay $80 to send it back to you, etc.
Get your orders in by June 3, 2019 to get in on the action!
We are also seeking out volunteers for this years fundraiser! See our ad below for more details!
Right click the image and click “save image as” to be able to save and print the form.PIF Order Form 2019 PDF
2018’s Pie It Forward Fundraiser was a great success! We sold 65 pies, raising our profits 25 per cent from the previous year! We can’t thank the community enough for their wonderful support! Check out last year’s photos!